1. The complaint procedure continues as General terms and conditions governing the sale of goods via the e-shop on the website and describes the cooperation between the seller and the buyer with respect to any defects in the goods, their application and claims arising from NAPs.
2. The above provisions are not applicable to a purchaser who is not a consumer but a person who buys goods for business and not for personal use of natural persons; liability for defects in the goods in this case is governed by §422 et seq. Commercial Code.
3. Seller is (in Slovak language): Lanard s.r.o., Obchodný register Okresného súdu Žilina, vl. č. 54630/L, oddiel Sro, IČO: 46154981, DIČ: 2023252286, IČDPH: SK2023252286, sídlo: Severná 154/10, Námestovo 029 01, Slovenská republika.
4. The buyer is any natural or legal person who fills in and sent the order via the website of the seller, grievance received an email notification of the order and paid the purchase price. The buyer is also any person who placed an order by phone or email by sending an email and confirm acceptance of the bid and the seller also confirmed familiarity with these Terms and Conditions.
5. A consumer is a natural person who, in concluding and performing the contract does not act within the scope of his business, employment or occupation. Amendment of the Act no. 250/2007 Coll. consumer protection in force on 01.05.2014, have been excluded from the definition of consumer legal persons who purchase goods or services used for personal use or for the needs of the members of his household. Consumers is not a corporate client or customer who buys goods for companies (referred to in the order ID, Tax or VAT). Corporate customers are not also entitled to return goods without giving any reason or withdrawal. The relationship between that customer and the seller does not governed by the Civil Code, but the Commercial Code. Consumers are not individuals who purchase goods for their performance povolania.Kupujúci must become familiar with the complaint procedure and the general terms and conditions before ordering goods. Ordering the goods from the seller confirms familiarity with the contents of the said claims procedure and general business conditions.
6. The seller handles consumer complaints in accordance with the laws of the Slovak Republic, especially Act. 250/2007 Z.z. as amended, the Civil Code and applicable law.
7. Seller, prior to the purchase of:
• liability of the seller for defects in the goods (§ 622 to 624 of the Civil Code)
• gradual application and handling of claims, complaints and suggestions.
• Where can a claim, especially if it is a place for the complaint different from the registered office of your business establishment or office.
• the implementation of warranty repairs (authorized service centers, etc.).
8. Complaints procedure describes cooperation between the buyer and the seller with respect to any defects in the goods, their application and claims arising from NAPs.
9. The buyer is obliged to familiarize themselves with the complaint procedure and the General Business Conditions before ordering goods. Ordering the goods from the seller agrees that oboznáil the contents of this complaint procedure.
10. As proof of purchase by the seller for each quantity purchased proof of purchase (invoice). Has not been made separate warranty card serves as a guarantee of a particular proof of purchase (the "Guarantee certificate").
11. The warranty period for consumers: for all goods purchased under civil relations is the warranty period in accordance with the laws of the Slovak Republic normally 24 months, if the legislation does not provide for a shorter period of SR for certain goods.
12. If the transmission of the case, its packaging or instructions attached to it indicated period of use, the warranty period ends before the deadline. The warranty period starts from the date of receipt of goods to consumers.
13. The seller may extend the statutory period. Duration of the extension of the warranty period is always indicated in the warranty. As long as the warranty card is not marked with another warranty period, this period shall be 24 months. The warranty period is composed of the statutory period (24 months) and possibly extended period.
14. Within the legal warranty claims are governed by the Civil Code No.40 / 1964 Z.z. § 619-627 with regard to the Complaints Procedure. (For extension, the claim governed exclusively by these Rules.)
15. The warranty period for used thing: If it is a used item, the buyer and seller may agree on a shorter liability period, but not less than 12 months. The goods sold at a lower price because of errors or incompleteness, the warranty does not cover defects due to which the lower price was agreed.
16. The warranty period for corporate clients: for all goods purchased corporate customers under the business relationship (under the Commercial Code) is the warranty period referred to as "quality guarantee" provided by the seller for 12 months (in words: twelve months). The buyer's rights from liability for defects in the goods for which the warranty period shall expire unless exercised within the warranty period.
17. Warranty conditions: The seller is responsible for ensuring that the goods specified in the sale of quality, quantity, rate and weight. Goods must be free from defects and complies with applicable technical standards. The seller is responsible for defects of the goods sold on receipt buyers and for defects that occur after receipt of the goods within the warranty period.
18. The above provisions do not apply to the purchaser - the entrepreneur, that the buyer is not the consumer but the person who buys goods for business and not for personal use; liability for defects in the goods in this case is governed by §422 et seq. Commercial Code.
19. The seller handles consumer complaints in accordance with the laws of the Slovak Republic, especially Act. 250/2007 Z.z. as amended, the Civil Code and applicable law.
20. Exceptions to the guarantees:
• Warranty does not cover defects caused by improper use of the goods or due to force majeure, natural disaster, etc. nor to any damage incurred as a consequence.
• Warranty does not cover defects caused by poor service, inexpert or inappropriate treatment, use and installation that are contrary to the user manual.
21. The guarantee does not apply to defects caused by:
• mechanical damage of goods,
• the use of goods in non-responsive conditions
• the product has been damaged by excessive strain on or in breach of the conditions specified in the documentation or the general principles